GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Supervises nursing department as well as PCT’s. Responsible for scheduling of unit staff., Ensures adherence to ACMR & sponsor policies and to nursing procedures, standards, and practices; maintains safety of participants and staff on unit. Responsible for training new unit staff and maintaining training on ACMR policies.
REPORTS TO – VP and General Manager
SUPERVISES – Nurses, Patient Care Technicians
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversees the supervision of the units, registered and licensed practical nurses, patient care technicians
- Sets work schedules, delegates assignments and tasks
- Evaluates employee performance and disciplinary action
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for all participants on assigned unit
- Escalates any participant/staff concerns to manager
- Provides and supervises direct inpatient care and assessment, ensuring quality care is provided to the participants while housed at the CRU.
- Trains and educates nursing staff as appropriate on procedures conducted in trial (including but not limited to; vital signs, ECGs, phlebotomy) as well as protocol review.
- Coordinates in-service training, evaluations, continuing education, orientation, competency reviews, and other related training functions.
- Take responsibility for actions, projects, and people.
- Collaborating with management team and various departments to ensure that studies are conducted efficiently and are completed with the highest quality standards and outcomes;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Knowledge of sponsors & study requirements;
- Knowledge of participant evaluation procedures;
- Knowledge of staff hiring procedures;
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Skill in employee development and performance management
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments;
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment;
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and or workshops;
- Ability to organize training programs and competency reviews of nursing staff.
- Skill in organization and record maintenance;
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers;
- Ability to complete paperwork with precision and attention to detail;
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures;
- Ability to work independently as well as functioning as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate clearly orally, as well as through writing.
EDUCATION LPN required, BSN preferred
EXPERIENCE – At least three (3) years of experience in a nursing/healthcare management position.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – CPR Training Provided.
Apply for this job