JOB TITLE – Accounts Receivable Specialist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Accounts Receivable Specialist will perform various accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of all billable concerns carried out by the company and its employees
MANAGER – Accounting Manager
SUPERVISES – n/a
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Post payments received to appropriate invoices
- Resolve A/R billing issues including regularly reconciling study balances
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Monitor activity for all bank accounts
- Assist Accounting Lead
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Knowledge on creation of invoices, application of payments, and reconciliation of AR balances.
- Skill in communicating with customers to resolve AR issues.
- Competency with Excel and working knowledge of Outlook, and Word. (an Excel competency test will be administered).
- Knowledge of or ability to learn QuickBooks.
- Strong communication, organizational, problem resolution, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to complete paperwork with precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as functioning as part of a team.
A successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring Participants, Sponsors and Staff are cared for by following the guidelines provided by Management. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented individual that is adaptable to change and has a strong background in Supervision and Organizational Success. The ideal person is a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment and is willing to adhere to the guiding principles of ACMR.
- Service Excellence: We believe all relationships with co-workers, sponsors, and subjects are partnerships. We demonstrate service excellence through a personal commitment to producing high quality, high value work, and delivering on time and on target results for every partner.
- Safety: We believe that physical and psychological safety are foundational for a healthy organization. We proactively identify and mitigate safety risks as part of our daily work and value those who speak up for safety.
- Resilience: We believe resilience is critical for doing our best work. We demonstrate resilience by remaining flexible, adapting to sudden change, and bouncing back from difficult situations with grace and confidence.
- Team Orientation: We believe that having a team orientation leads to individual and organizational success. We demonstrate team orientation by working collaboratively and leveraging collective knowledge, ideas, and strengths to achieve a common goal.
- Ethical Behavior: We believe the pillars of ethical behavior are integrity, honesty, respect, courtesy, and caring. We demonstrate ethical behavior by modeling professional standards of conduct.
- Mutual Respect: We believe that mutual respect cultivates a supportive workplace. We demonstrate mutual respect by embracing diverse perspectives, sharing ideas, and trusting in each other’s abilities.
- Open Communication: We believe that open communication results in a rich and rewarding dialogue that allows for the flow of energy and creativity. We demonstrate open communication by listening for understanding, speaking up without fear, freely sharing experiences, and soliciting ideas and opinions from others.
EDUCATION – 2-year Associates degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE – 3 years of recent accounts receivable experience required
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – CPR training provided
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Standard operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. May be required to complete job-related tasks outside of that time frame, in excess of a standard 40-hour work week. Requires prolonged walking, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires occasional lifting of boxes up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in a medical office environment and includes exposure to blood-born pathogens and bio-hazardous materials. This role requires the ability to work with a broad range of personalities, situations and psychiatric disorders; therefore, candidates must possess the ability to resolve conflicts immediately and diffuse potentially escalating events before they occur.
Apply for this job