GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs specific and assigned duties, which are supportive of the nursing process to the study participants under the supervision of the charge nurse.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintains accurate documentation of vitals, shift report, patient log, etc.
- Ensures that shift report is received at shift change
- Performs and records study participant vital signs
- Monitors the Nurse’s Station at Nurse’s request (i.e., answering phones, preparing shift report, etc.)
- Checks computer/email for visits, updates and inter-office communication
- Checks orders for NPO, vitals, etc. to ensure compliance
- Performs lab tests as needed (i.e., Blood draws, ECGs)
- Monitors all participant areas
- Monitors family/friends visitation
- Replenishes water/juices/coffee as needed
- Assists with study participant admissions and discharges, as well as inventory
- Ensures that all participant rooms are cleaned promptly upon discharge for new admissions
- Initiates meal preparation and clean-up according to meal schedule(s) and dietary restrictions/requirements
- Initiates planning and execution of participant activities
- Provide a safe/comfortable environment for the study participant
- Adheres to safety standards for the facility, participant rooms and unit areas
- Notifies the RN or LPN promptly of any study participant compliant or change in status
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with study participants, families, staff and the public
- Ability to complete paperwork with precision and attention to detail
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to work independently as well as functioning as part of a team
- Ability to present a positive image of the facility
- Ability to maintain study participant confidentiality
EDUCATION:High School/GED required. Medical Assistant or CNA a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Nurses Aid, Phlebotomist or EKG Technician experience a plus.
Apply for this job